This policy covers the processing of all personal information by Love Factory.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:Information you give us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in the Love factory Forum, groups, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
The following information may be collected, but will be anonymised and will not contain any information from which you can be identified:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address of your computer, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
• Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
For the full technical explanation, read more about cookies used on our site.
If you wish to remove these cookies, you can do so by following these instructions.
We hate junk mail too!We will email you during the process of your order. We will never pass on your email address or personal information to a third party for marketing purposes. We will provide your email address to delivery services for the sole purpose of sending you tracking notifications for your delivery.
You will receive a final email once your order is complete to ask you to rate your experience shopping with us.
You can unsubscribe any time
When you join the Love Factory email newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every message that we send. Or you can send a message to our customer care department firstname.lastname@example.org and we will unsubscribe you.
How we use your personal information
Personal information you provide is used by us only for the following purposes:• To improve your shopping experience at our website
• To process your order
• With your permission, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you
Links to other websites
Where we store your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions will be encrypted and processed on the PAYFAST website using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet may not be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this policy
The Data Protection Act (the “Act”) has various provisions which ensure that any person who has access to your personal information must comply with strict rules.The Act provides the following principles, which we follow at all times:
• We will process your data fairly and lawfully.
• We will obtain your data only for specified and lawful purposes, and shall not use it for any other purpose.
• We will ensure that personal data held shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which it is held.
• We will ensure that personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
• We will ensure that personal data shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
• We will ensure that personal data shall be processed in accordance with your rights under the Act.
• We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect any personal data from any destruction, damage or loss.
• We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection.
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access and check information held about you. Should you wish we can provide you with all the information that we hold about you on payment of R100 for each request, which is to meet our costs in providing this information to you.
We control and operate our site from South Africa (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to the site are governed by the laws of South Africa, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of South Africa. If you are located outside of South Africa, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
If for any reason any part of this policy is found to void or unenforceable, it will be deemed severed from the remainder of the policy, which will continue in full force and effect.